Thursday, January 13, 2011

July 4th, 2010. Sauquoit, NY.

Sarah and I were with the Fiores for the 4th again this year, and it was about the best thing we could have done to wrap up our seven years in the Northeast. The weather was phenomenal, the party was phenomenal, and seeing everyone there reminded us once again how much we're going to miss being less than a day's drive from most of our closest friends.

It's a joy to shuffle through the hundreds of pictures we have from our last eight months, but as a break from this series, I'll mention the couple short hikes s42 and I have taken this week to break in our new snowshoes. The trails around campus here are excellent, through some pretty deep woods and not far from the house, and the -18° F temps yesterday added a crispy and fresh element that made things more adventurous. I think my insides, though, are still recalibrating to our climate since being back; I woke up a couple times Tuesday night worried appendicitis until I rolled over and felt the same ache on my left side too. Like most other weirdness here, I'm blaming it on either the dryness, the darkness, or the cold. Snowshoing pics this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Here, they do fireworks on NYE...too much sun on July 4 for fireworks.

    ReplyDelete