Thursday, August 26, 2010


Hi all.

We're here, in Alaska. And I'm here, on the Web.

The Web is a crazy spot, obvs. Now, and here, you'll likely see me construct an amalgam of a personality that in some major ways is likely to be more reliable and genuine than any I've had before.

In other ways, it will be "built" and "considered" and artificial... because I hope for an unpredictable and dynamic and unfamiliarly merged audience. But more, because of how I imagine interaction taking place here, hopefully between me and others. More likely, between me and the virtual space.

A blog is smaller than Facebook and Twitter, tools whose limits seem harder and harder to locate. Advantages of owned spaces are their real and imagined and intentional and unintentional limits, all of which can prompt some important things like imagination and creativity.

So here's hoping those are things that happen here.

Thanks for visiting. Comments are open. Come back tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading about (and seeing) your journey! Thanks for bringing me along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the person somehow fits the picture perfectly! Keep on posting and I will keep on reading. Looking forward to hearing about and seeing what Fairbanks goes through during the next few months. Glad to hear that you made it safely without hitting any bison!..or elk...or polar bears... or icebergs... or....

    ReplyDelete